This terms and conditions of this LIMITED Warranty (these “Terms”) are the only terms which govern the Standard and Extended Manufacturer’s Limited Warranties (collectively, the “Warranties”) by Panini North America, Inc. (“Panini”) and the customer (“Customer”). If a Customer has an existing written agreement executed by Panini, the terms and conditions of such agreement shall control to the extent they are inconsistent with these Terms. These Terms together with a purchase order, and any documents incorporated by specific reference into these Terms comprise the entire agreement (the “Agreement”).
Panini OEM Hardware Limited Warranties
Panini provides warranty programs directly to its Customers and Authorized Resellers’ customers. All warranties under this program will be provided by Panini or by a Panini appointed and authorized service provider.
Standard Manufacturer’s Warranty
All Panini hardware products (“Devices”) include this 12-month Standard Manufacturer’s Limited Warranty (“Standard Warranty”). The Standard Warranty period begins on the earlier of: (a) the date of registration, or (b) date of sale or (c) thirdy (30) days after the date of the shipment of the Device from Panini or its Master Distributor. Panini warrants, to its Customers, its authorized Resellers’ customers, and no others, that all Panini Devices will be free from defects in material and workmanship under normal use, regular service and maintenance, in accordance with instructions provided by Panini. Customer is responsible for all freight charges associated with shipping unit(s) to Panini for service. If a Device is defective, Panini will at its expense return the Device, upon completion of the repair, to the Customer using the same shipping method by which the Device was received. All Warranties should be registered by the final purchaser (a partner of Panini may register on behalf of the end user) by visiting https://www.panini.com/en/warranty-registration.
Concerns or questions regarding Device operation should be addressed to Panini Technical Support by visiting https://www.panini.com/en/submit-ticket.
Extended Manufacturer’s Warranty
Customers may purchase for a separate fee an Extended Manufacturer’s Warranty (“Extended Warranty”) at the time the Device is purchased, during the Standard Warranty term, or after expiration of a warranty period. If a Customer requests an Extended Warranty on a Device that is not under a warranty term, the Device must be returned to Panini for evaluation and servicing at the Customer’s expense, including servicing, cleaning and inspection fees and all shipping costs. An Extended Warranty may if purchased within the Standard Warranty term be purchased in 1-year increments for up to five (6) years from the original date of purchase. If an Extended Warranty is purchased after the Standard Warranty term, the Extended Warranty may be purchased in 1-year increments for up to three (3) years. Panini reserves the right to determine if a Device is eligible for an Extended Warranty.
Neither the Standard Warranty nor Extended Warranty shall apply to any Panini Devices that:
- Have been subjected to improper handling, operation, maintenance, repair, use, or alteration,
- Have been subjected to misuse, negligence, improper installation, or accident,
- Have non-standard (non-Panini or non-Panini authorized) parts, assemblies, or consumables & supplies installed or utilized,
- Have not been properly stored,
- Have been repaired or attempted to be repaired by someone other than Panini or a Panini authorized service provider, or
- Have not been registered directly with Panini.
In addition, the Warranties do not apply to:
- Accessories such as cables and power supplies
- Minor defects not affecting operation or use;
- Routine Cleaning; and
- Cosmetic damage such as scuffs, adhesives, scrapes, scratches or markings on the scanner covers. Cosmetic damage will be repaired or replaced for an additional charge,
Any claim made pursuant to the Warranties shall be conditioned upon Panini’s inspection of the Device, parts, components and accessories upon which the claim is made and Panini’s determination that there was a defect covered by the Warranties. Panini’s obligation under the Warranties, and the customer’s exclusive remedy for breach thereof, shall be limited to, at Panini’s option, repair or replacement of any alleged defective Device or parts thereof, issuance of credit, or return of the purchase price. Panini requires the return of any allegedly defective Device, in accordance with Panini’s directions, before honoring any claim. Devices or components replaced pursuant to the Warranties shall be warranted for the unexpired portion of the warranty applying to the original warranty term.
Additional Terms & Conditions
- All Devices must be registered directly with Panini within 30 days of Registration can be completed using the Device registration card, online at https://www.panini.com/en/warranty-registration or with proper written approval from Panini.
- Panini at its sole discretion may alter eligible warranty programs, terms, conditions, length and pricing as well as associated programs, based upon specific Customer agreement(s) or partner program(s).
- If a Device is defective a Return Material Authorization (RMA) number must be obtained from Panini prior to the return of units for service. Units returned without an RMA number will be refused. RMA numbers can be obtained online by visiting https://www.panini.com/en/rma.
- RMA requests received prior to 4:00 p.m. ET will be processed that same day. RMA requests received after 4:00 p.m. ET will be processed the following business day.
- The serial number used to generate the RMA must match the unit received by Panini. Failure to return the correct Device may result in incorrect tracking and billing.
- The Device must be returned to Panini in the original shipping container (or suitably packaged). The Device must be whole, not in parts, to be accepted. When returning a Device, the power cord, power supply, and USB cable (as applicable) must be included in the return package. Failure to return these items will result in charges for replacement parts at the then published pricing. Ink cartridges must be removed and retained prior to shipping.
- Devices returned to Panini for which no problem can be found will be subject to a No Problem Found fee. No Problem Found is defined as the unit passing all Panini factory diagnostic tests upon return and before any parts have been replaced.
- Routine cleaning is not covered by the Warranty program. Customers are expected to follow the cleaning protocol, procedures and techniques as provided by Panini and only utilize Panini authorized cleaning supplies. Failure to use Panini authorized cleaning supplies may result in sub-optimal performance including but not limited to roller degradation, camera lens damage, display or optical module damage and/or excessive build-up of solvents and other liquids. Use of non-Panini authorized cleaning supplies may be subject to Time & Material charges and may result in voiding of remaining warranty.
- Service work required under the warranty program can only be performed at the Panini facility or at a Panini appointed authorized service provider facility. All such work is usually completed within 5-10 business days from receipt of the unit, but is subject to availability on a first come first serve basis.
- Panini reserves the right to repair or replace a unit returned for service. Under this program a replaced unit is defined as a new unit, a refurbished unit or previously repaired unit.
- Prices do not include, and Customer is responsible for any sales, withholding, use, inventory, value added and similar taxes, including property tax for Devices and other items. Prices are ex-works Miamisburg, Ohio. Accordingly, Customer will pay all transportation, insurance, warehousing and other costs related to the delivery of the Devices and other items.
- Customer is required to arrange for payment of non-warranty covered charges directly with Panini or a Panini authorized service provider prior to commencement of work.
- Panini reserves the right to market additional product offerings to registered Customers.
- Panini business hours are 8 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. ET, Monday through Friday excluding public or company holidays.
THE WARRANTIES CONSTITUTE PANINI’S SOLE WARRANTY RESPONSIBILITY AND THE CUSTOMER’S EXCLUSIVE REMEDY WHETHER SOUNDING IN TORT, CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR OTHERWISE. PANINI MAKES NO WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY AND NO WARRANTY OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NOR DOES IT MAKE ANY OTHER WARRANTY, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, OF ANY NATURE WHATSOEVER WITH RESPECT TO DEVICES SOLD BY PANINI OR THE USE THEREOF EXCEPT AS SET FORTH HEREIN. EXCEPT FOR THE REMEDY PROVIDED HEREIN, PANINI SHALL IN NO EVENT BE LIABLE FOR DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES OF ANY CHARACTER IN CONNECTION WITH THE SALE OR USE OF THE DEVICES.